Monday, May 18, 2009

Can You Believe How Far We've come?

Ok so I had one of those out of the movies type events. I was riding my bike to meet my friends in the Center and I have to pass the elementary school and as I did there was a little girl that ran along the inside of the fence as her mom was walking to the car, trying to keep up with her cause she wasn't ready to leave her. Which got me thinking, how did i go from that to being in Italy 6000miles from my family. Oh how much we all grow up, its kinda a crazy thought.

Anyways so sososoososo much has happened. I had my last volleyball game, which is sad cause i loved playing. And on the 9th or should I say the 10th at 2am i listened to my big sister graduate. I was so tired but i made it through and then all of a sudden right after they threw their caps I got a call and it was ERica, I was the first person to get to talk to her :) And now she officially knows that she is coming here for a week. She gets here the 20th at 9:55am and i can't wait! Oh and this last week my younger sister and I went to the ballet. it was awesome! i never htought ballet was that amazing. i was wrong. Then Saturday at school I had my big presentation. I got to present my religion and I was super nervous cause my faith means a lot to me and i had to do it all in Italian. So i wrote a ton and was prepared and it went beyond perfect. I even got the big Standing O :) The prof said he was very happy and thought i did great. that always makes you feel good lol Its been great lately, but I mean the entire experience so far has been great. Still sorta a dream. Anyways I'm going to Cinque Terre this weekend with AFS so that should be good :) Summer is Almost here!!!!

Random things I can't seem to work together lol....

So you have to have a permission thing from the police to live here and we applied for mine my first day in Modena. Then they said to come in for a meeting thing in March so we did. We waited for an hour for them to tell me to come back in 2 months, fantastic! So we called them to make an appointment this month and the only open appointment was the 19th of June. And it takes up to 20 days after that to get the paper so i'm basically not going to get it lol Love Italian time :)

I MISS AIRCONDITIONING!!!! Like really bad, they don't have it anywhere here so I'm slowly melting. Its only in the upper 20s now but it gets in the 40s during the summer, fun fun! Not really, lol. For example, one day i ran at like 7pm and when I got done I took a super cold shower and when you get out you instantly start sweating again. woohooo lol

I'm getting my hair cut this week cause I can't really see anymore lol My host dad always makes fun of me cause i'm always flipping my head lol.

Last night I talked to My lil sister here and it was funny cause we talked about how before I got here we were both so scared that each other would be crazy. At lunch earlier my host dad was like we'll get another student and Anna was like NO! She was its not that I don't love you Tanya I just can't do that preparing again, it about killed me lol.

All of us exchange students have discovered that our favorite channel is MTV cause its the only one we understand almost all the time.

So i've discovered this wonderful thing called the public Library so now I have books to read. I finished Breaking Dawn in 4 days and now i'm reading 19 Minutes, which is AMAZING! oh and check this out, I'm reading Twilight in italian! Crazy Huh? I know i know its Twilight but i've watched the movie in italian so its the easiest for me to understand.

Anyways i'm done rambling. Love you all and I promise to try to keep the blog up a little better!
Ciao!

No comments: