Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Its Getting Hot In Here"-4 months




Ok so i'm well aware i am terrible at keeping this blog up, so sorry for that. Things are starting to go into hyper speed, I wish they would just slow the heck down! Thursday was the 4 month mark, how? I have no idea! It seems like i just saw everyone at home yesterday but then again it seems like years. its an odd feeling for sure. But we get out of school next Saturday (THANK GOODNESS!) and then its just summer, time to hang out. I have lots of things planned so it'll be a great last month for sure.

No concerning the other part of the title....ITS SO STINKING HOT!!! and yes some people are like well Tanya you might be exaggerating. I'm not, it hasn't been this hot of a May in Modena for 180years! Yeah awesome right? and there isn't air conditioning anywhere really, not school, not at the house. Yeah and this heat is different. The first week it was really hot i had lots of problems. You have to leave the windows open at night so you don't melt but with all the stuff in the air and the heat i was having an asthma attack every night, i'd wake up not being able to breathe take my inhaler and go to sleep again. Thankfully its not as bad. Last week it was in the 90F all week. Now its a bit more bareable. Oh and i played a vball game in a gym that was 3C hotter inside than outside, yeah it was 96F in the gym, thought i was going to die lol

This last weekend though I went with a group of AFS kids to Cinque Terre. Oh wow was it pretty! Like its a place that you only see in movies and only wish you can go to. Of course it was super hot but it was still great. AFS tends to be super smart sometimes so we climbed no joke a couple thousand steps at 2pm in the afternoon. It was the first time in my life i really thought i physically can't do this, but so did everyone else lol After a slight recovery we went on a 4hr walk before calling it a day. The second day was a 2hr hike and then we went swimming! oh it was awesome, yes the jellyfish made things slightly interesting but still. :) After a ton of delays with the trains we got home about 10pm, 2 hours after we were supposed to. Besides all of that it was a great weekend, I even lost close to 3kilos, thats like 6lbs!! I sure love this country!

Anyways, there are a lot more things i've learned culture wise but I can't remember if I typed them or not so i'll spare you the rereading. Life is absolutely fantastic! As much as you all want to hear me say i'm ready to come home i'm not, i realy can't even think about it. I never thought i'd get this close to everyone here and leaving them is going to be the hardest thing i've ever done. Atleast when i left all of you I knew I'd see you in 5 short months, everyone here...its a bit longer. I miss you guys i really do, once i have to say goodbye to everyone here (and after probably crying a TON) i'll be ready to be home. Its just about 20hours of travel and I'll be there in Springfield with all of you.

I'm done rambling now...hope everyone summer is going great! Love you all, see you sooN!!

No comments: