Wednesday, December 17, 2008

HOST FAMILY!!!

MY FAMILY!

All the months of waiting is finally over. When I was at school today (my last day of school) I got a text from my mom saying that I had an email from my Host family! And they are just prefect! I have a mom, dad and two host sisters! And Eleonora is my age. The live in Modena Italy which is in the middle of italy toward the north. Mr. Bishline and I googled it and it is pretty centrally located between Florence, Venice, and Milan. It also is where the Ferrari is from! It seems to be a pretty decent sized city, somewhat like Springfield. I'm just so excited! Thank you everyone who said an extra prayer for this!

Here is the Email I got from my host dad today.......

Dear Tanya,

we are your host family and we are waiting for you!I'm il papĂ  (the dad) and i'm very sorry to speackonly a little of English. La mamma (the mum) has beenin USA (Prophet's town near Chicago) in 1973 with AFSand speaks english well. Le tue sorelle (your sisters) Eleonora(born in 1992) and Anna (born in 1994) speack also english.In summer 2008 Eleonora with AFS has been in New Zealandfor two months. (i send you a foto)

Now we need something about you: next days we will choseyour italian school. We have seen in your candidate applicationthat you are 10th year: is correct? Here in Italy all students bornin 1992 are now in year 11th. Can you tell us which are the subjects that you absolutely needto attend in your italian school?

Our town, Modena, (180,000 inhabitants) is medium city in Italy. Was found 2 thousand years ago (ancient romans) andhave a old little center of the city. (i send you how try our housewith Google)Modena in in a plane (named Pianura Padana) and usually a lotof people and students move by bicicle.Are you interested to use it to? When the weather in not rainingEleonora and Anna go to school by bycicle and i do the samegoing to work. Mum works in Sassuolo, twenty kilometers fromModena and she goes there by car.

un abbraccio
dad

No comments: