Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

So its been what seems like forever since I have wrote a blog. I'll just divide things up...

Pre-Departure Orientation: THe PDO was so great! It actually was a ton of fun and helped a lot. It also helped for all 3 of us AFSers to realize, wow we're leaving the country in a month!

Host Family: I still talk to them very frequently through email and Eleonora now has a facebook and I talk to her on that. They seem like a great fit for me. They have told me what my life will be like day to day and it sounds amazing! I also found out today from Walter that I will be riding a train from Rome the morning of the 1st of February to Modena, arriving in the afternoon.

Visa: I'm still waiting on my papers from AFS!!!! This is very stressful considering i'm leaving in 2 weeks. So please say an extra prayer for me over this subject. If I don't get it in time I don't get to leave on time :(

Packing: Today I got everything else that I needed. I also brought my bags down to my room, 44 pounds just seems impossible! But Erica and I are going to try to attack it Saturday.

Going away party: My party is on the 24th at my church (First Baptist of Rogersville) it starts at 6pm and will go until everyone leaves. so please stop by!

So people ask are you excited...YES! I started counting down at 256 days and now i'm just 14 days Away!!!!!!!!! But at the same time I'm not ready to leave Erica and especially not Ally. But the people that I'll miss the most will be with me when I leave from the KC airport so I'll have a few more memories with them. God has brought me so many hard times with this trip already I know that He'll protect me. He's got a hand on all His children so I am not scared at all. My friend always joked that he has family in the Italian Mafia that could protect me but I'm good, I've got a GOD that is bigger than any mafia.

No comments: