Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Visa:noun-Document that is equivalent to death by torture

So we finally went to Chicago to get my visa. Of course it came with as much stress as humanly possible. To start it off my wallet got stolen Friday night and I needed my License for my Visa Appointment. Oh and my luck Monday was a holiday so I couldn't get it. So I was freaking out all the way there. And my official documents from my school in Italy had not been sent yet so we had to have a cover letter and copies of all the papers sent to the consulate.

After the very long drive to Chicago we got our hotel. The next morning I woke up super early got ready and just waited. We walked to the Consulate and the entire time I thought I was going to get sick. We walk in the doors, ride the elevator to the 18th floor and check in. We finally sit down in seats that look like they are straight from a bus station and wait. I'm starring at a small windown directly in front of me just waiting for them to call my name. In complete Italian fashion my name was finally called 20minutes after our appointment. The lady behind the desk began asking for documents and I would slide them to her. One by one the stack got bigger. Of course being a minor I had like 3xs the papers as everyone else. She was so nice and understanding. We got it all done and now all I do is wait. I should get it in the mail by Monday.

Oh and one of the greatest things, everyone in the room was talking about where they were going and when and this one guy was like "I leave the 24th of February, its cutting it close." I wanted to be like I leave in a week, thats cutting it close lol.

No comments: