Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Day of School

So today was my first day of school and one would think I was a movie star the way they all acted. I guess Italians love Americans cause they never left me alone. I started off the day waiting for my English class when Eleanora came down and said her class wanted to meet me. we were standing in the hall and the students were junping out of their chairs to see me, no joke. Once I got to my class it was the same way. I did meet some really nice girls though, they are helping a lot. They moved my desk by theirs so i'm by friends now. So once again a few tibits of info on Italian schools.
*The teachers change classes we don't
*you have a break for 15mins and you can eat/smoke/whatever. In fact this one boy asked me if i wanted to go smoke with him today lol
*They use grid paper for everything!
*You can get up and leave whenever you like but you usually go fast.
*You don't raise your hand, you just say Prof.
*It is sorta in a block schedule form so you don't have much of each class. it makes for a lot of homework.

Once again off to study my italian

Ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is having so much fun. I am glad she is walking so much that way she will not gain weight. I am sure she is loving all the attention from all the students. Miss her so much, Love mom

Becky said...

Tanya! I finally read your posts! I am soooo excited for you! Relieved that you have an awesome host family and that school went so well for you today. I can just see the excitement on your face by reading the blog! The pictures I have seen on facebook are incredible..when are you posting your own?? lol! Miss u, praying for u, and love u tons! Becky

Coach B said...

The real question is this are the Italian teachers better than us American Teahcers?

Tanya said...

well considering i can't understand my italian teachers mr bishline you can probably guess lol. i just don't have much time to put pics on but i will i promise!
love u all

Anonymous said...

Tanya: NO SMOKING...LOL
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Cherish those memories. We miss you, but are somehow managing..HA HA
We can't wait to read more about your awesome adventure. Take care.