Friday, February 13, 2009

So its official, I'm in LOVE!

There are so many things i have fallen in love with while here. It is a billion times better than I could ever have imagined. Yes the language barrier causes some stress at times but everyone is so helpful! I really think this could be the best semester of my life! I can't wait for school everyday. I love all my classmates and I love being able to go to other classes and be a 'guest', its a good way to meet a lot of people. Now I can barely walk down the hall without people saying Ciao Tanya! It already feels like home, I'm hanging out and doing stuff with friends. its just perfect! I still get very frustrated though cause I don't understand things I used to. Italian use this wierd 'math language' which makes like no sense at all lol. yeah so everyday I sit down to do homework I sit and stare and things I have no idea how to do and try to figure them out. I am probably doing it all wrong but oh well lol. My friends at school are always trying to help and explain things and the teachers don't mind the constant translating. My school is fantabulous!!!

Oh and I've developed a new passion...RUNNING! Tanya Budler love running? What? lol Yeah i'm pretty shocked too but I found it clears my head, gives me a break from constant translating and is the world's best cure for homesickness for sure! Everyday at 5pm I stop studying, change, grab my zune and go run. I crank up Hillsong so loud I can't hear anything but the music. Then i run, run until I have finally stopped thinking and worrying and all my focus is completely on God and my next step. The park behind my house makes it even more perfect. My time with God is in a beautiful place He's given us. I figured what better way to get physically fit than do it while I'm getting spiritually fit as well.

Now the most obvious...GELATO! Like seriously, why don't we have stuff this good in America? I've had it like 6 times since i've gotten here and the last time we got it (Wednesday) it was pretty much like heaven on a cone. After shopping Eleanora and I went to Slurp, the best gelateria in Modena. I had 3 different kinds with nutella and whipped cream on top. It was amazing!! Oh and only 2 Euros! I really loving the no sales tax on anything here. When i went shopping and bought some clothes it was an even 30 Euro. I would say no change but they have the 1 and 2 Euro coins so still got the 'jingles' lol

My family is amazing! They are so helpful, understanding and willing to do anything to make my life easier. I have some pretty fantastic friends as well. A boy from my class even gave me a phone to use while here and I'm hanging out with Martina this weekend. Also Italians thank each other with more than just thank yous. If someone invites you to something you give them a gift if you can't come. Or you have them over for a meal. For example we are having Righini and Martina over for lunch to thank them for helping me so much at school. As you can tell i'm doing fantastic and enjoying every minute of my life! Love and Miss you All!

3 comments:

Coach B said...

I told you would love Gelato I told you. I am glad you are having a great time.

Gary Locke said...

i loooooove hillsong!!!! maybe i should try the whole running thing... ;p.

~ erin l. ~

kat said...

I am really happy all is going well in Italia!! Even better news is that you are adjusting to school, that is one of the hardest things and it sounds like you are doing well. This experience will stay with you forever! Enjoy every minute of it!!