Saturday, February 7, 2009

I love being American in Italy

So once again i'd like to state just how much i love it here! Literally everything is amazing! School is like the greatest thing, yeah sure I don't understand any of the classes except English but everyone is so interested in the fact I'm American. I've made a lot of friends. They are constantly talking to me and inviting me to things. Like to the disco tonight for example! I'm going with Eleanora somewhere else but I'll definately be going to the disco! Oh and culture shock # a million, the parents don't care what you do really. they say yes to everything. and curfew on saturday is 2am! crazy!

But The town is beautiful and the weather is clearing up now. which is very good since we ride our bikes everywhere! lol Yesterday we went to the square cause there is a big Chocolate festival in town! OMGOSH its so much better than our chocolate. Later in the evening I went on a walk with Mama Paola and it was great cause we talked bout everything and she just reaffirmed that its ok if i mess up with Italian, no one expects me to be perfect. (and for those of you who know me you know not being perfect kills me)

Today at school was bellissima! I was in my class for the first two classes and then went to another class as a guest. When i left my class like freaked out. The other class was like OMGOSH its an American lol then we got out early because our Prof wasn't there (gotta love italian schools) and i met my friends and now i'm home till we go out tonight.

So for all of you who are worrying, don't! I'm doing fantastic! Its pretty amazing how easily i fit in and how great this turned out to be so quickly! love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you did not reall post this at 5:32 am!!! I am so relieved that you are doing so well, honey. We all miss you terribly but your blogs help ease our pain. Just knowing you are having so much fun and getting along so well with everyone makes us happy too. Do not forget to take pictures of all the people, kids at school, and scenery everywhere, ok. I love you more than all the stars in the sky babe. Love momma PS. A box is being sent to you Monday, Feb. 9. Hope you get by Valentines Day.