Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Gonna Set the World on Fire

So many wonderful things have happened in the last week. i absolutely love my new friends. I had an amazing Valentines' Day wtih all of them. Monday at school is where things really started to make sense....but not in the way one would think. I had math and I wanted to just walk out of the classroom because none of it made sense at all. I just wanted to scream! I hate not understanding things and for a small time I just wanted to give up on school cause it wasn't getting easier. Then the next hour I had gym and it was fantastic. Walking back to class I was like wow God you're amazing! Right when I want to give up you always give me hope. Then before I fell asleep that night I was listening to my Zune and this song by Brit Nichole came on and I was like WOW! PERFECT! It was one of those moments when you just want to sit there and put your hands in the air cause the song grasps all that you are going through. So you know what I mean here are some of the lyrics......

I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
There's nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do

I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father's hands

My hands my feet
My everything
My life, my loveLord, use me
I wanna set the world on fire

I wanna set the world on fire, yeah

I'm gonna set the world on fire
Set the world on fire

.....God has definately given my dreams wings by getting me here and even though I'm just a 16 year old American in Italy He'll give me the strength and He is big enough to reach those that need to hear his word here. Through Him...

I'm gonna set the World on fire~

2 comments:

Becky said...

You've already set the world on fire...! He is soooo using you, Tanya. As I sat here and read the words to that song, I thought to myself...whoa, this is the perfect song for you. You just keep listening to it, and listen to Him lead you where He wants you.

I love you and hope you are feeling my prayers.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Yes, dear. You have already set the world on fire. I am amazed every day to find out how many people you have touched just in your 16 years here on earth. I knew you were special when I found out I was pregnant. I thank God every day for his gift in you. Now you can share your gift way over in Italy. Enjoy every minute because time will go by faster than you imagine. I Love You, Mommy