Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3 MONTHS!!!

WOWOWOWOOWOW! Yeah sure doesn't feel like its been 3 months since i've left home. So many things have happened this week. So once again It'll probably be long and there will be a lot of spelling mistakes because my english is terrible now but just push through lol Also I finally have almost every picture of my trip on here, so take a look :) Forgive the fact that there isn't any captions and they aren't all right side up but I'm pressed for time.

GITA-Fidenza
Every year each class goes on a trip to another city and my class went to Fidenza and toured churches and a monestary. It was pretty cool except the not understanding any of it. They all spoke in Dialect so i was totally lost. And of course with my luck it rained on us all day. My favorite part was the end of the day when we got to go to this city on top of the hill. It was beautiful! It was like something you see in the Movies but usually there are knights running around. Over all it was so cool. I was so amazed by the castle and my friends were all like, no biggy. Its normal to them, Crazy!!

American Weekend
This weekend my other foreign exchange student friend came to my town so we had a good ol' American weekend. After my Volleyball game Friday we got pizza (11pm) and then gelato. Saturday we had pancakes with my host family :) :) and rode around my town all day. We purposely got lost and found some awesome new places. Oh and check this out, we found a English Christian bookstore! We got home and went to the Vignola Castle. It was really cool. Oh and there was this famous spiral staircase and at the top people were taking pics after a wedding and they asked us to be in it so i'm right next to the bride&groom in pic forever lol. Even tho we were super tired we went bowling. Yeah they leave all the lights on in their alleys and only play one game. It is just different. But it was fun!

MILANO!!!!
So we woke up and got on a train for Milan. Dispite the rain we got a cab (first time in a cab) and went to the fashion street. My good friend who knows Milan really well was with us and he took us to all the best stores. We went into 6 D&G stores! and LV and Versace and lots of others. They are so beautiful, the stores themselves blow you away. Oh and the italian life style is so odd. I mean my friend needed to buy his friend a gift so he bought him a 180Euro shirt from Aramani. And he just casually bought LV sunglasses for 375Euro. Crazy. Oh and we went into Gucci, the biggest one in the world. And armani is HUGE!!! like bigger than a football field and 4 floors with everything imaginable! About lunch we headed to the gallery (absolutely gorgeous) Then we walked to the church. Wow! Words cant describe it! I got goosebumps just looking at it. Of course it was down pouring so we didn't get to get lots of pics :( Oh for lunch i had BURGER KING!!! i was so excited! lol After fighting the weather we headed home. I love love Milano :)oh and on the way home I started talking to some college kids from the US that studied in London and it was so cool to be able to say i live here. It was good to talk to them about studying abroad too.

There has been so many lil things that happen every day that just make you go Wow but by the time i get to sit down and blog i forget. Yeah a problem. lol But I do remember Monday, my host grandma said all the schools and churches in the USA were closed cause some virus, well atleast thats what my sister and i thought we heard so we freaked and I got on my Laptop and looked it up and called Erica. It was like 6am but she picked up and I was like DUDE WHATS GOING ON WITH OUR COUNTRY!? no worries lol Glad all of you are ok. :)

Finally the greatest news, I had my first dream in all Italian :) That means my brain is turning over! it was so exciting! When i woke up I ran to my host sister and was like OMGOSH GUESS WHAT! It is so odd to me some days that I am acutally here and will always have this as a part of me. I don't understand a lot of this culture but thats why I'm here, to learn, to grow and to except those things we don't understand. Time is going by really fast so I'll see all of you in 2 Months. I found out i'll be at the Springfield Airport about 11pm July 5th. Wow time has flown! Love you all!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

What wonderful FUN!! I am so jealous. I am so glad you are hvaing such a wonderful time and so looking forward to seeing you in July! Love you!