Monday, April 20, 2009

Venezia :)






So this last weekend we went to Venezia. It is so amazing that I can just take a weekend trip to one of the most famous places in the world! It was a little bit cold and wet but yeah i was in Venice!! We left after lunch on Saturday and started driving. I was a little confused when we no joke turned the opposite way of every sign that said Venezia but it was because we were staying at a little hotel like thing outside of Venezia. It was so cute! We dropped off our bags and had to rush to the Ferry which we got on as they were closing the gates. it was so pretty :) And it was my first Ferry ride which made it even better. We arrived in Venezia right in front of San Marco's Square. WOW. IT is just like what you see in movies, and the Gondola drivers are exactly as you would imagine. It is definately a tourist spot though cause there was so many different nationalities there. Anna and I tried to spot the foreigners lol It was so easy. In San Marco's Square there are so many pigeons, like no joke if you have any food you'll have them all over you. We walked around and just looked at everything. It was so pretty :) We ate and then made our way back to the Ferry at like 9pm. The next morning we ate and headed off once again. This time we rode the front of the Ferry but went inside when it started to Rain. We walked the entire day, looked at all the amazing wonders of Venezia and shopped some. They have some of the most beautiful glass in the world! By about 3pm we were so tired, walking and the rain just killed us. We rode the water bus to the train station and went to meet my host dad who had the car.Its hard to describe it in words so i'll put pics on here. It was great for sure :)

Another big week ahead...Volleyball, Gitta with school, My american friend is coming to Modena for the weekend, Disco, and Sunday MILANO!!!!! AWWW can't wait!

Love ya lots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I am Austin Steeles Mom and I have enjoyed your posts. I also stayed in Europe for 6 months and had the time of my life. You are very fortunate to have a family who enjoys traveling. I do not know if you are doing this, but please keep a daily journal. In years to come you will relive memories and details you have forgotten. I never made it to Italy, but the memories are irreplacable. Enjoy every moment, because you will spend the next 25 years wishing you had an opportunity to return.Keep in touch with friends and you will always have a place to stay. I have and I know I can return to Europe and be among friends. Cia!

mommy said...

Oh my gosh! Did you really take those pictures? They are absolutely beautiful!!! I am so jealous but am trying to imagine being there by enjoying all the beauty we have here being it is finally spring. Grandma is having a stress test on Friday at 8:30 am. Please pray for her. Taking care of grandpa is taking its toll on her, as I figured it would. I love you! mommy