Thursday, April 16, 2009

Buona Pasque!!!







Happy Easter everyone!!! Hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed the time with family. It was sure different not being home this year, i'm used to Sunrise service and getting all dressed up and all that jazz. Here was really great though too. We had a week off of school so we got out Wednesday. Wednesday night was my friends B-day party at the disco so we went, and so did a billion other people! It was so full but we got in fine cause it was Abo's B-day. It was definately my favorite disco though. Thursday was a 'do nothing day' so we just chilled. Oh and since there is a whole supposedly in the ozone near here the sun is super powerful, I'm as tan now as i usually am in June.

Friday began the adventures lol On the way to Flaibono we went to Ferrara. It was so neat! (like every other italian town) Of course once in Flaibono we ate way to much! The cliche` Italian grandmas cooking is so true. It is just so so so good! lol She makes no joke the best Teramisu in the world. Saturday we went to Aquilea and Grado. They were both so pretty and interesting. The floor of the Chapel in Aquilea is all mosaic and is one of the most historical floors in the world! The sea was beautiful in Grado, I could have stayed there all day! We went back to Flaibono for dinner (ate to much again) and we finally had corn! the first time in 2 months! I ate the whole thing. For Easter we had a HUGE meal and then there was a 2kg chocolate egg. Yep it was awesome! we broke it open and we are still eating the chocolate lol Once lunch was cleaned up we went to Lignano and walked on the beach for a couple of hours. It was definately not like any other Easter.

For the culture things, and how they do easter it was interesting. Black Friday is different, In the evening the church and the people of the town walk the streets with a cross and sing and quote different things. And everyone prepares a nice lil table in front of their houses with a cross and candles and other stuff. It was pretty interesting. Sunday everyone when to church and that was the end of the Easter excitement religion wise. For me, Easter is a big deal for my family so I did it all on my own. Friday I read the story in the Bible and sunday when everyone left I went out on the deck thingy and ready the passage of the Bible where Jesus Rises from the grave. Then i just sad there and turned on some music. I have learned so much. I was listening to the song "You Raise Me Up" and i got goosebumps cause it made me realize something. Everyone morning I wake up to a giant mountain, A mountain made of language barriers and 6000miles of distance between me and the ones i love. The great thing though is even though most days i'm not strong enough to climb those mountains He raises me up to stand on top of them and help me get through each day. I know that there are people at home having a really hard time but hang in there cause He doesn't give us mountains we can't climb.

For my closing note, can you beleive tomorrow is the half way mark? Where has the time gone?! I'm going to miss it here so much! Thank you all for helping make this possible, its changed my life!

All my Love

Tanya

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I know you are having the time of your life, and you deserve to after having worked so hard to achieve your dream. You are still amazing me, every day. I love you honey and I am so proud of you! Love, mommy