Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Quake for Tanya

So about 30 people have asked about the earthquake. Luckily i'm in norhtern Italy so we didn't feel it or have any damage. My facebook was covered with wall posts asking about it and emails so i'll put it on here too, i'm A-OK lol. Emily did tell me that her and Erica were on the phone super early that morning and Erica measured and I'm 4inches on a map away from it so I'm safe lol There has been a lot on the TV and the papers obviously about it. It is kinda weird cause in my opinion they don't make a big deal out of natural disasters where in america we talk about it at school and everyone talks about it, not here. Strange.

On another update of life...its amazing! This last week I had volleyball (which was amazing! I love love my team) and i went shopping at the Armani Factory with my best friend here. The Armani Factory is about 5-10minutes from my house. Love it! Saturday I went to the Disco with my friends and it was a lot of fun, more like what i had pictured the disco. It had huge screens all around and it just looked like in the movies. Oh and like the whole time on the screens was things about America and the Election and other things, it was funny. The weather is finally nice so I've spent every afternoon in the park studying or just laying there. I have this podcast that is a youth group in the USA and its amazing so I listen to that too! Today was so hot so I spent the whole afternoon laying on a hill. I sure got tan! I don't know what it was but I mean I just got tan, FAST! It was crazy. I have this terrible line on my wrist where my LIVESTRONG bracelet was even. After I ran with Frida and here I am once again blogging. We are going to Udine for Easter so I'll blog about it when i get back. I'm sure going to miss being home for Easter. won't be the same without all of you! LOTS OF LOVE!


Oh real quick a culture thing to think about...there isn't air conditioning anywhere. Not even at home. Its going to be a interesting summer for sure :)

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Good thing you get to leave the first part of July, before the weather gets burning hot!!!Guess they are saving on electricity or something. Can or did you take pictures of the disco? That would be neat to see. I am happy you are having a great time but sure do miss you. What ever possessed me to believe I could live without you???. . . just three more months. Love you so much honey. mommy